Friday, February 18, 2011

Update: its all good, Squash soup and Chicken Curry!

How do I describe this soup from NT cookbook? Wow, the best soup from the lowly squash ever! So creamy, rich and flavorful! I froze it in zip loc to have when we need a quick meal. We added sour cream the first time then the second time we added parmesan cheese.
We also made a chicken curry from the NT cookbook and it turned out deliciously! I looked over the ingredients and used my Thai green curry paste(which I keep frozen).
Oh No! I have used all the walnuts! So, now i will soak Almonds and pecans in the filtered water and lemon juice to make "crispy nuts".
I am setting out soup bones to make a beef stock. Have some onions and celery to toss in with the bones....can't wait! I would like to try a dessert from the book for our monday meeting...maybe some pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment