Thursday, January 27, 2011

All Day Spicy Stew and Mexi rice

Today the beef goes into my crockpot, along with the can of tomatoes, tomato paste beef stock and seasonings. ready set go: 8 hours on low. tonight i will make the mexi rice and have a wonderful dinner.
This morning we had steel cut oats with blueberries, creamy whole milk yogurt and honey for Chas and Maple syrup for me. So satisfying. ( had to soak the steel cut oats in warm water and fresh lemon juice overnight)
tomorrow morning we will have eggs and probably some mexi rice, if there is any left.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne,
    So I have an idea. I was reading about complete proteins when I was making baby food for my babies and I used to make this complete protein "porridge" for them. I think I'm gonna try it with our steel cut (soaked) oats. I'm sprouting some chick peas right now and I'm going to cook and puree them and freeze them in ice cube trays and then plop an ice cube into our porridge and gradually increase the amount until its gross. Thats my latest healthy cooking idea! I'm enjoying your blog, its inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete